India eVisa is an electronic visa that allows foreigners to enter India for tourism, business, treatment or conference purposes. The e-Visa is an alternative to traditional paper visas and can be applied online without having to physically visit an Indian embassy or consulate.
Indian eVisa is valid for 60 days from the date of arrival and allows two entries. E-Visas are available to citizens of more than 160 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and most European countries.
The process for obtaining an Indian eVisa is relatively simple.
Applicants must fill the online application form, upload a recent passport size photo and submit a copy of their passport. The application fee must also be paid online at the time of application.
Once the application is submitted, it will be processed by the Government of India and a decision will be made within three to five working days.
If the application is approved, the e-Visa will be sent to the applicant by email. Applicants are advised to print a copy of the e-Visa and keep it with them when traveling to India. Immigration officials will check the traveler’s electronic visa and passport at the point of entry. Please note that the Indian e-Visa is only valid for certain airports, seaports and land borders.
Travelers should consult the list of designated points of entry before applying for an e-Visa.
Indian e-Visa for Canadian Citizens: Requirements
If you are a Canadian citizen planning to travel to India for tourism, business, medical treatment or conferences, you can apply for an Indian eVisa.
Below are the requirements for Canadian citizens to obtain an Indian eVisa:
1. Passport: All Canadian citizens wishing to apply for an Indian eVisa must hold a valid Canadian passport. The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India and contain two blank pages.
2. Purpose of Travel: The applicant must have a legitimate reason for visiting India such as tourism, business, medical or conferences. The purpose of the trip must be clearly stated on the application form.
3. Eligibility: Canadian citizens can apply for an Indian eVisa if they travel to India for not more than 60 days and stay in India for not more than 180 days in a year. .
4. Application Form: Applicants have to fill the online application form on the official e-Visa website of the Government of India. The application form requires personal information such as full name, date of birth, passport details and purpose of travel.
5. Photo: A recent passport size photo (JPEG format) of the applicant must be uploaded on the e-Visa application form.
6. Payment: The e-Visa application fee must be paid at the time of application. The 60-day visa fee for Canadian citizens is $100.
7. Documentation: Applicants must submit a scanned copy of the personal details page of their passport along with the application form. If applicants have previously traveled to Pakistan or Bangladesh, they must also submit other documents, such as visas or immigration stamps from those countries.
8. Ports of entry: India eVisas can be entered through designated airports, seaports and land borders. Applicants must ensure that their point of entry is on the list of designated ports of entry before applying for an eVisa.
9. Itinerary: Applicant must provide detailed itinerary information including flight information, accommodation in India and contact information.
10. Health Requirements: Applicants must also meet India’s health requirements, such as a yellow fever certificate, if they have visited a country at risk of yellow fever transmission in the past six days.
Canadian citizens can apply for an Indian eVisa for tourism, business, medical or conference purposes. The application process is simple and can be completed online. Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria and have all the required documents before applying for an Indian eVisa.
Indian e-Visa for Canadian Citizens: Fee and Documents Required
If you are a Canadian citizen planning to visit India, you may need an electronic visa (eVisa) to enter the country. eVisa is a convenient way to apply for a visa online without having to go to an embassy or consulate in person. In this article, we will discuss the fees and documents required for Indian eVisa for Canadian citizens.
Cost: India eVisa fee for Canadian citizens may vary depending on the type of visa and length of stay.
Canadians can apply for three types of e-visas: the e-Tourist Visa, the e-Business Visa and the e-Medical Visa.
• The cost of a 30-day e-tourist visa is $40, a one-year multiple-entry visa is $ 60, and a five-year multiple-entry visa is $100.
• The e-commerce visa cost is USD 80 for a 1-year multiple entry visa and USD 160 for a 5-year multiple entry visa.
• The cost of the e-Medical Visa is USD 80 for a 60-day stay, USD 120 for a 1-year multiple-entry visa, and USD 300 for a 5-year multiple-entry visa.
In addition to the visa fee, there is a $2.50 bank transaction fee and an additional 2.5% fee for the visa fee. And it may be change during the time.
Mandatory file: To apply for an Indian eVisa as a Canadian citizen, you will need the following documents:
1. A Canadian passport valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India and two blank pages.
2. A recent color passport-style photograph (jpeg format, maximum size 1 MB).
3. A scanned copy of the personal data page of the passport. .
4. If you have not booked any accommodation, please provide proof of accommodation such as a hotel booking.
5. Proof of continuity of the trip, such as a return ticket or itinerary.
6. For e-commerce visas and e-medical visas, a letter from the sponsoring organization in India or relevant medical documents may be required.
The Indian eVisa application process is simple. You can apply online by visiting the official e-Visa website of the Government of India and filling the application form. You must submit all necessary documents and pay the visa and related fees.
After submitting your application, you can track the status of your application on the same website.
Processing times for an e-Visa in India can vary, but it usually takes about 72 hours for the visa to be issued.
Points to consider while applying for an Indian eVisa
If you are a foreigner planning to visit India, you may need to apply for an electronic visa (eVisa) online. An e-Visa is a convenient way to obtain a visa without going to an Indian embassy or consulate.
However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when applying for an Indian eVisa.
1. Apply for an e-Visa well in advance of your planned travel date. It is recommended to make the request at least days before the planned date of travel.
2. Make sure that all the information you provide in your eVisa application is accurate and current. Any errors or inaccuracies may result in a delay or even rejection of your application.
3. Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after your expected date of arrival in India. Your passport must also contain at least two blank pages for immigration authorities to stamp.
4. Upload a recent clear passport photo in JPEG format, should not exceed 1 MB in size, the photo should have a white or light background and show your full face.
5. Provide evidence of onward travel, such as a return ticket or itinerary to indicate your intention to leave India after your visit.
6. Make sure you have the necessary documents, such as proof of residency and any other documents required for a work visa or medical eVisa.
7. Regularly check the status of your eVisa application through the official government eVisa website.
8. When traveling to India, make sure you carry a hard copy of your e-Visa.
Do not include:
1. Do not provide false information in your online visa application. This may result in your application being denied or even legal action.
2. Do not use the passport that was used for the e-Visa to apply for an e-Visa. Each passport can only have one valid e-Visa at a time.
3. Do not exceed the duration of your visa. The e-Visa has a period of validity and a maximum length of stay that must be met.
4. Do not engage in illegal activities while in India. This could lead to deportation and even criminal prosecution.
5. Remember to carry a hard copy of your e-Visa when traveling to India. Immigration authorities may request this.
6. Do not ignore any email or notification on the official government e-Visa website. You may need to provide additional information or documents to complete your application. 7. Do not rely on agents or intermediaries to apply for an e-Visa. It is best to apply directly through the official government e-Visa website to avoid unnecessary fees or complications.
The application process for an Indian eVisa is simple, but it is important to follow the dos and don’ts to ensure a smooth and hassle-free application and travel experience.